Thursday, August 18, 2011

Be well, do good work and keep in touch

I can't believe I am writing this until almost one month later. But here it is.

I had a great time in Kauai. The meeting was super exciting. The scenary could not be better.

I want to thank April Zack for her coordinating of the blogging and her behind-scene editing of all the posts.

With my supervisor Alexei Sokolov's support I could not do any of this.

My husband helped me with kids as with all the other conferences. I appreciate his constant support.

I don't think I will do blogging anymore. It is simply impossible to combine it with attending talks, giving a talk and with a family around you. Last year at UP I was only presenting a poster so I had more time posting. I apologize for the short and delayed blogs I wrote this year. It was constantly on my mind though. I take it seriously.

Overall it was a lot of fun.

I will borrow Garrison Keillor's sign-off from his Writer's Almanac as a way of bidding farewell for a while: Be well, do good work and keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment